Essentials for a Lazy Afternoon

There comes a point in the day when you just need a little pick-me-up. For me, it means cozying up on the couch in the living room in front of a big window and my favorite coffee table and taking some time to myself. I've been appreciating time to myself more and more these days, and I like to think that I've come up with a few good guidelines for a great recharging session. Here are my essentials for having a wonderful lazy afternoon of your own.


A cup of your favorite tea.
A bit of caffeine never hurt anybody, right? Tea is almost mandatory for any given day for me, but it most definitely applies to a weekend afternoon of relaxation. Above is a cup of orange pekoe with a splash of milk stirred in, but coffee works just as well.


A few homemade cookies.
Though I don't have much of a sweet tooth and would much rather dive into a bag of chips, I will never say no to fresh, homemade cookies. I made these ridiculously easy funfetti cookies the other night, and even though the recipe was unbelievably fool-proof, I was amazed at how good they tasted! The recipe calls for frosting on top, but I omitted it because the cookies would have been too sweet. They are still just as good! They taste just like funfetti, my favorite kind of cake. 



A notebook. 
Whether it's to jot down a grocery list, some new ideas, or about a crazy dream you just remembered, I always have a notebook or notepad nearby. Plus, unplugging from your devices and writing out your ideas on paper with a good pen or pencil just feels so good. This notebook in particular has since been filled with pages and pages of ideas for future blog posts and website improvements.

 What are your lazy afternoon essentials?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very relaxing afternoon!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and cozy! Those cookies look amazing, what recipe do you use? I find that if I try to look around for recipes, the final product goes extremely wrong... :) Liked this post! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I love lazy afternoons and this post has inspired me to create one of my own! :) Love the cookies as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look amazing, is there a recipe I can look up? And I totally agree with you, a day without caffeine is just too long! xx

    ReplyDelete

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.